Ultrasound services are offered at seven LifeCare Centers
The following are locations of the centers that offer ultrasound testing services:
- Health Resources, in Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- Highland, in Highland Park in Saint Paul
- Hope Pregnancy Center, in Willmar
- Lakes, in Forest Lake
- LifeCare Center East, on the East Side of Saint Paul
- North Side, in North Minneapolis
- Pregnancy Choices, in Apple Valley
- Southside, in South Minneapolis
- St. Croix Valley, in Stillwater
- University, in Dinkytown, near the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota
- Wakota, in West St. Paul
A client and nurse-sonographer view an ultrasound
What happens during an ultrasound?
Ultrasound is a diagnostic imaging system that bounces sound waves off tissues and organs and translates the sound waves into sonograms (images), rather than using radiation, as in x-rays. Different ultrasounds examine different areas of the body:
- Transvaginal ultrasound: Used to examine the vagina, uterus, fallopian tubes, and bladder. An instrument is inserted into the vagina, and sound waves bounce off organs inside the pelvic area. Also called TVS, this procedure can be used during pregnancy.
- Transabdominal ultrasound: Used to examine the organs in the abdomen. The ultrasound device is pressed firmly against the skin of the abdomen. It can be used in the monitoring of fetal development during pregnancy.
The ultrasound testing and equipment are totally safe for the mother and baby. Ultrasound is an excellent method for monitoring the health of your baby during your pregnancy.
Why an Ultrasound?
A fetal ultrasound can be used to diagnose potential problems with fetal development, and allow early medical intervention that can save or improve your baby’s life. It is also a valuable tool in confirming any other suspected problems during your pregnancy. It can be used to determine the baby’s gestational age so that your medical care professional can more accurately predict your baby’s birth date and evaluate progress according to the milestones corresponding to that age. If multiple births are suspected, the ultrasound can confirm the number of babies in the womb.
If you are interested in more information about ultrasounds, or in an ultrasound service, please contact us to set up an appointment.
What women are saying about the LifeCare Centers...
"The LifeCare Center was wonderful. The people were compassionate and professional. They were there for me all the way."
You are not alone.
We're here for you because we care about you.
TLC Confidential InfoLine: 1-888-652-1140