North Side Life Care Center
Title: Executive Director
North Side Life Care Center (NSLCC) is a pro-life, non-profit Center that provides prenatal care, pregnancy-related and other services to women and families in need. We are life affirming, encourage healthy personal choices, and offer practical help. The Executive Director is a person committed to NSLCC’s mission, adheres to its policies and procedures, and maintains high standards of professionalism and integrity.
Summary: This full-time position is responsible for:
· Providing leadership, direction and a strategic vision that will carry forward NSLCC’s mission.
· Setting and meeting fund-raising goals by coordinating the Center’s development effort—fundraising campaigns and generation of major gifts and grants.
· Directing the management of administration and finances.
· Overseeing the supervision and development of staff and volunteers.
· Representing the Center to the public, funding sources, partner agencies and the media.
Reports To: Board of Directors
· Grow and nurture the donor base by developing contacts with the philanthropic, business, church and public sector communities.
· Develop and work with fundraising committee to produce annual fundraising events.
· Secure sponsorships for events and special projects as needs arise.
· Compose funding appeal letters, and facilitate development and implementation of all communication tools.
· Identify appropriate grants, write grants and report to grantors.
· Solicit donors through cold calling efforts to obtain sources of on-going funding for the Center.
· Develop and manage annual Center budget.
· Develop and install management policies and controls as needed.
· Recruit, screen and hire staff, or delegate as appropriate.
· Oversee management and supervision of staff and volunteers.
· Work with the Nurse Manager to assure compliance with Medical Standards of Practice as outlined by Total LifeCare, as well as compliance with HIPPA and OSHA standards.
· Represent the Center to the community including participation in on-going meetings, task forces, coalitions and other forums critical to creating community support for NSLCC’s mission.
· Explore and develop community partnerships with service providers and related organizations that will further the Center’s mission.
· Serve as media spokesperson.
· Work with Board of Directors to develop and implement the annual operating plan and strategies.
· Attend Board meetings and committee meetings as assigned.
· Present operating and financial reports to the Board.
· Further duties not listed here may be added as needed.
· Understanding of the non-profit sector including working with Boards of Directors.
· Proven abilities in fundraising, major gifts and grant writing.
· Experience in the development of community relations.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and media contact.
· Working knowledge in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Access.
· Experience in grant writing and reporting.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of diverse individuals.
If interested contact: Dar Gerber at Communicationsdir@northsidelifecare.org